Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, the finance associate will implement TrustAfrica's financial policies, procedures and processes. He/she will ensure the accurate capturing of transactions and ensure timeously payments of TrustAfrica’s creditors. The Finance assistant will be responsible for the maintenance of TrustAfrica's grants accounts and the accurate payment of grantees, ensuring all grantees have the financial resources to achieve TrustAfrica's vision.
Performance Area and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Finance Manager and in close collaboration with the Operations team, the Finance assistant will be expected to:
Provision of Grants
- Maintain TrustAfrica's grants accounts and payments;
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of grantees details captured;
- Ensure accurate payments of grantees is processed;
- Reconcile all grantees accounts.
Provision of Travel
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of all travel payment requests;
- Process the travel accounts as well as perform reconciliations.
- Close all travel advances
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of all creditors and service providers’ information;
- Perform Critical checking of documents supporting payment request form.
- Ensure the timeously payment of TrustAfrica's creditors and service providers
- Ensure that all creditors’ accounts are reconciled.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare budget and forecast reports for the Finance Manager
- Process all journal entries and prepare general ledger accounts of TrustAfrica;
- Reconcile general ledgers and perform bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- Ensure proper and accurate coding of expenditures on all documents
- Maintain the petty cash accounts through payments and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare the fixed-assets register;
- Calculate and record deprecation on TrustAfrica's fixed assets and process transactions of the disposal and acquisitions of assets;
- Reconcile the fixed asset ledger.
- Assist in preparing all the units financial management and statement reports and comply with statutory reporting;
- Assist in the consolidation of the financial statements for the Finance Manager review;
- Assist the external auditors and address all queries and issues.
- Implement TrustAfrica's payroll policies and procedures;
- Process payments to third parties and process any monthly tax returns.
- Perform the reconciliation of third parties and the calculation of applicable payroll taxes where necessary.
- Reconcile cash positions, process electronic fund transfers and perform cash management transactions.
- Maintain all the filing and documentation of the Finance office;
- Resolve any financial queries addressed to the Finance office.
- Provide information to staff and partners as and when required regarding financial procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Diploma in Finance or Accountancy
- At least 3 years practical experience in accountancy.
- Computer literacy and experience of computerised accounting packages.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be accurate and detail conscious in approach to work.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- To have an organised and methodological approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and supportive to other team members.
- Some experience with an INGO or in the developmental sector would be advantageous.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals of TRUSTAFRICA
How to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
TrustAfrica is an equal opportunity employer.