On September 30, 2014, we will host a meeting in Dakar in honor of Akwasi Aidoo, our founder and director, as he prepares to leave TrustAfrica. The discussion will focus on a field of work to which he has made an immense contribution: the complementary notions of Africans taking charge of their own development and using African resources to transform systemic injustice. These notions are the backbone of TrustAfrica’s work on inclusive governance, equitable development and African philanthropy.
The three-day continental summit, whose theme is “revitalizing higher education for Africa’s future”, seeks to build a movement of like-minded institutions to transform the African higher education sector.
To be held on 10-12 March 2015 at the King Fahad Palace Hotel, in Dakar, the summit will be highly interactive, allowing participants to exchange experiences and views.
The summit’s objectives are to:
1. Build a constituency for transformation and investment in Africa’s higher education.
2. Create a shared vision for the future of African higher education.
3. Harness and highlight exemplary efforts and initiatives in African higher education.
4. Harness disparate efforts and interventions in African higher education.
5. Spur and sustain innovation in African higher education.