The three-day continental summit, whose theme is “revitalizing higher education for Africa’s future”, seeks to build a movement of like-minded institutions to transform the African higher education sector.
To be held on 10-12 March 2015 at the King Fahad Palace Hotel, in Dakar, the summit will be highly interactive, allowing participants to exchange experiences and views.
The summit’s objectives are to:
1. Build a constituency for transformation and investment in Africa’s higher education.
2. Create a shared vision for the future of African higher education.
3. Harness and highlight exemplary efforts and initiatives in African higher education.
4. Harness disparate efforts and interventions in African higher education.
5. Spur and sustain innovation in African higher education.
On November 24-25 2014, TrustAfrica hosted a convening of smallholder farmers and advocates and other stakeholders engaged in policy reform processes in seven African countries. Entitled Strengthening Smallholder Agriculture in Africa: Prospects for Mobilisation and Advocacy, the meeting took place in Johannesburg, South Africa.