TrustAfrica is coorganizing a Side event: on “Wellbeing economies: a new economic approach for human and planetary health” Ebrima will be speaking on 2 June 2022, 9:30-10:45am
Co-organisers: European Environmental Bureau (EEB), WWF International, the Club of Rome, Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC), Wellbeing Economy Alliance (WEAll), International Cooperatives Alliance, Global Call for Action Against Poverty, Trust Africa, IBON, the Future Generations Commissioner of Wales.
Time and venue
The event takes place on 2 June 2022, from 9:30am to 10:45am CEST. Important for on-site speakers: Please be at the meeting room (see below) by the latest 9:15 am CEST.
The purpose of this event is to showcase concrete measures that governments are taking to redefine the priorities for a new economic system. It will discuss how to initiate and enable the transition towards wellbeing economies and what innovative policy practices look like. The event strives to encourage a debate on how to reimagine our economies in respect of the planet’s ecological limits.
Moderator(s): Patrizia Heidegger (European Environmental Bureau)
- Sandrine Dixson-Declève (Club of Rome)
- Virginijus Sinkevičius (European Commission)
- Sophie Howe (Wales)
- Tshering Gyaltshen Penjor (Kingdom of Bhutan)
- Terhi Lehtonen (Finland)
- Jennifer del Rosario-Malonzo (IBON)
- Nina Gualinga (Amazon Watch)
- Georgina Munoz (Global Call for Action Against Poverty)
- Bruno Roelants (International Cooperatives Alliance)
- Ebrima Sall (Trust Africa)
- Johanna Sandahl (Swedish Society for Nature Conservation)
Check out the side event page here.